Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dizzy Bat


The last couple of days I feel like I have been playing the dizzy bat game. You know the one...Where you put the end of a bat on the ground and your nose on the handle and you spin around in a circle 10 times, then stand up and try and run to a pre-determined destination...That seems to be me on a regular basis. And then of course I fall down because I am so dizzy! And when I say dizzy, I don't mean in parable terms, I mean literally I am dizzy and nauseous. Of course the people closest to me assume I am pregnant, so I peed on a stick an hour ago, much to my dismay, I was not. So then it is time to figure out what is going on, and I make a list of the things I am a part of at some level or another. YWCA GED tutoring, Junior Achievement volunteer teacher, Alzheimer's Association sponsorship chair, Worthwhile board member, Relief Society President, Giandi's catering brand manager, Feld Entertainment sponsorship sales, Maxx the Robot brand manager, Rainbow Valley sponsorship sales, I Run For the Party sponsorship sales and another event that is occurring tonight that I think ended up being a big flop.
To top it all off, I go to boot camp at 5:15 in the mornings, I try to keep the house clean and groceries stocked, get 1 kid to and from everything and 2 kids to and from everything half of the time, and I am trying to get pregnant with someone who is excited one minute and freaking out the next.
It is no wonder I feel as if I am in a dizzy bat game. To make matters worse, all I want to do is curl up and watch movies for a week and read books. But I just can't. Today I did the Barkley's October budget and it is really scary. We are going to be walking a very fine line, which is never fun in our home. And hubby wants to know if I can make money anywhere else. Again, I want to put my head in the proverbial sand and never come out!
But alas, I must get to work. I feel like Isaac hit the nail on the head last night when he said "you need to make more money", and I said, "yes, but I don't have time to take on any more clients". To which he responded "well then hire someone" and I informed him "I don't make enough to pay anyone else right now". So how does someone make that transition when they are starting a company? Is there a magic formula? If so, please feel me in!
Until then, I will keep trying to get everything done.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. We are feeling the stay-at-home mom budget woes also. Someday Isaac might understand. Let me know if you have a free second, we can do lunch and talk babies and bank accounts. :)

    ReplyDelete